Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Framer's Gallery in Georgetown


The happening place in Georgetown, Framers Gallery, www. framersgallery.net will start offering art classes in September 2009. the owner Fred Bolgen has put together several artists, me included, who will teach a variety of classes ranging from making masks (Sonia Mathis, www.stingerstudio.com to instructions on framing taught by Fred, and including everything in between. I'm going to teach two classes. One will be an acrylic class that I've had tons of requests for and the second one will be titled, "The Journey from Realism to Abstraction. The acrylic class will be mostly learning technique along with some color exercises. the second class will be for those artists who are always trying to simplify their work and have a tendency to get stuck occasionally. It's been a while since I taught art classes. I'm really looking forward to it. We will have some fun with the abstracts. My friend, Nan Brown, a great transparent watercolor painter, will be teaching also.

No comments:

Post a Comment