Sunday, June 6, 2010

She knew my Dad

A long-time friend from High School just purchased my painting "Camp Out" I have held on to that painting for many years because it reminded me of my Dad. We used to go camping at this beautiful lake in the Cascade mountians of Oregon, Little Cultus Lake, and my Dad would tell scary bear stories around the campfires. My Sis and I were safe from the bears as we had heard the stories many times, but many of our visiting friends were terrified. I painted "Camp Out" as a study in illumination and when I thought I was finished, I realized it looked like a campfire in the middle of the woods and I had no choice but to paint in the bears. Actually they were probably listening to the stories also. It's nice to know the painting now lives with someone who knew my Dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment