Friday, March 11, 2016

Memories of Water, Water, Water.

This will be an ongoing series in more traditional oils, probably abstracted bit as I go along.   These two come mostly from my Oregon memories.   My mothers family had a cabin at Pacific City on the Oregon Coast and those are coming, but these two are more about the rivers and streams.


   We spent a lot of time in Central Oregon and this is a memory of a spot on the Deschutes River.   I really had fun with this oil painting working with the light.  There is a trout fishing hole not far from here where my Dad loved to catch those delicious critters.   One of the many important things I learned as a child growing up and traveling with my family here and there and to fishing holes, is how to clean trout.   Such a talent.   At Little Cultus Lake near Bend, where we camped every summer, cleaning the daily catch was one of my jobs. Ick!  I can't believe I did that.    I painted this on a 25x25 gallery wrap canvas.   It is not easy to do a landscape on a square canvas, but by adding the angle of the river and the canyon wall on the left, it worked.     Water is fun!
second picture coming....coming...coming...

No comments:

Post a Comment