Monday, August 4, 2014

A NEW medium.

My good friend and abstract artist Wanda Mawhinney who lives and paints in Port Townsend, WA,  has just recently introduced me to the world of ColdWax/Oils.     This is a new and very exciting medium for me.  I have just started painting portraits in oils again but wanted a medium for abstracts that was new.   This painting titled Genesis2, was painted on a 25x25 canvas.   Many artists use panels, but I found the canvas worked for me.   The painting has about 10 layers on it and was almost finished, (first picture) when I decided I wanted a more obvious direction for it.    It reminded me of a worm's view of being beneath the earth.   The second picture is the finished work.   I have two more started and thought I would show a more detailed progression of the process....so that is coming shortly.

No comments:

Post a Comment