Monday, August 4, 2014

Wanting to Talk about rain on a Hot Day

Been working on another coldwax/oil 25x25 today.   My intention was to create a red background, (that's how if feels when it's 100 degrees outside), cooled off with an abstraction of rain.

I started by painting over an old acrylic that had a very smooth surface,   I then applied a couple of days ago, the mixture of cold wax and 2 reds along with a cad. yellow.   Today I started by adding the dark green to begin to kill the red but wanted some of it to show through.   While the oil and wax was still wet, I applied the blue/white/other colors on palette mix, and did some scraping with a knife and then a credit card.   I think it is finished.    I want the title to say  Hot Day, Cool Rain.   Maybe that is what I will call it!

No comments:

Post a Comment